No matter how much we ignore old and ugly concrete surfaces, they would always haunt us everytime we walk on or by them. Also, cracks and holes can be tripping hazards. So, if you trip and fall on your face, you know that this issue needs to be addressed immediately. But we are not talking about tearing out the concrete slab, mixing new concrete, and pouring a new one. Not only is this expensive and time-consuming, it is totally unnecessary. Why settle for something complicated when there are simpler solutions?
A concrete overlay is designed to cover a concrete surface either as an update or as a repair solution. It is an ideal option because it restores the existing slab that you have, extending its lifespan even more. This means that it is:
- More economical than other paving or flooring options.
- Durable enough to withstand most types of concrete damaging elements.
- More fun to customize, thanks to the number of colors, patterns, and textures available for you to mix and match.
Highly Recommended Concrete Overlays
One of the many worries of homeowners when it comes to affordable options is that the quality will not be as remarkable as that of an expensive one. That is a myth, at least in the case of concrete overlays. Here are the most recommended overlays and coatings you could use for concrete surface repair or update:
- Stamped Overlay – This is probably one of the most popular overlays for resurfacing concrete in Cincinnati. The concrete overlay is installed thick enough to allow for stamping. Stamp mats are then laid out to imprint the desired design. The fully cured surface can then be stained if desired and sealed. Popular patterns include Ashlar, Flagstone, Slate, Brick, Wood, and more.
- Spray Knockdown Texture – This is an acrylic concrete coating that is installed using a spray-down method. The material is loaded into a hopper gun and sprayed on the surface of the concrete slab. The splattered coating is troweled creating a knockdown texture that is highly slip-resistant but still comfortable under bare feet. This is a popular pool deck coating because it maintains a cool temperature even in the warmest of days.
- Epoxy Flooring – Popularly used on the garage and basement floors, an epoxy coating is great for areas where traffic and usage i hgh. It is resistant to most types of damage such as abrasion, chemical spillage, impact, and more.
- Polyurea Polyaspartic Coating – This is an industrial-type concrete floor coating that is resistant to all types of damage, including temperature changes, making it ideal for outdoor and indoor use. This has the faster turnaround time. It can be installed and fully cured within only 24 hours.
Concrete Overlays Cost
Cost is, of course, a huge factor when it comes to choosing the right material. Although concrete overlays are more affordable than others, the total cost would depend on several factors, such as:
- The size of the job site that needs work.
- The type of overlay installed
- How much surface preparation and repairs are needed.
- Extra tasks like custom scoring, expansion joints, and more.
Call (513) 429-7696 for Concrete Overlay Installation. You Won’t Regret It.
Installing a concrete overlay requires a professional’s skills and expertise. Don’t just hire anyone who claims to know how. This should be backed up by a portfolio of recent projects. Cincinnati Concrete Artisans is a Cincinnati decorative concrete resurfacing installer that provides refinishing, and repair solutions for concrete pool decks, patios, driveways, garage flooring, interior floors, commercial flooring, and more. Our crew guarantees top quality overlay installation and great attention to detail.
If you are still unsure or if you need more attention, call us. Let’s schedule a free consultation and quote.