Cincinnati Concrete Resurfacing: Comfortable & Appealing
Concrete spaces need to be built well enough to look appealing and comfortable enough to walk on. However, whether it was installed poorly or had worn out due to usage, any damage must be addressed immediately. But before you tear out all those slabs of concrete, look for a more sustainable option. One of the hottest trends nowadays is concrete resurfacing. It repairs and restores concrete with outstanding results. And Cincinnati concrete resurfacing is all you need for this job in Ohio!
Cincinnati Concrete Resurfacing: An Overview
Cincinnati concrete resurfacing is the process of replacing the top layer of a concrete slab which is often damaged or worn out. Concrete contractors make use of a coating or overlay and apply somewhere around an eighth of an inch of the material to renew its form and function. This is ideal for concrete crack repair, covering holes or for merely updating the look of an old slab.
Top Benefits of Resurfacing Concrete
- Cincinnati concrete resurfacing uses less material and less work than a complete concrete replacement.
- It fills in and covers up minimal cracks and holes. For larger ones, a crack filler is first installed to fill the gaps before the overlay is applied on top of it all.
- Although only a thin layer of material is added, the surface is guaranteed to stay put and last longer.
- There are various colors, patterns, and designs to choose from so you could easily incorporate the current theme of your home or anything that speaks well of your personality.
- Cincinnati concrete resurfacing concrete spaces can help increase property value.
Which Concrete Surface Qualify for a Resurfacing?
Not all concrete can be resurfaced. Newly installed slabs need to have cured a whole month before anything can installed on top of it. The severity of the damage also plays a huge role. If the damage is minimal and repairable, then it could definitely be resurfaced. If the damage is too extensive, deep, and shows signs that it could be a structural issue, then replacing it might be a better option.
Concrete Overlays and Coatings
- Stamped Concrete – This involves the application of a concrete overlay which is then stamped with the desired pattern or design. Most concrete overlay contractors highly recommend this because it can effectively mimic real stone, brick, paver, and even wood perfect for concrete patio resurfacing.
- Spray Knockdown Texture – This acrylic coating is installed using a spray-down method. The splattered material is then knocked down manually with a trowel, giving it a more subtle stucco texture. This spray texture is slip-resistant and cooler to the feet than other paving materials out there perfect for resurfacing a concrete pool deck.
- Epoxy Flooring – Epoxy is a tough two-part material ideal for use on indoor concrete surfaces. It is highly recommended by epoxy flooring contractors in Cincinnati, Ohio because it is resistant to most types of damage and it provides a seamless and smooth surface that looks elegant.
- Polyurea Polyaspartic – This is an alternative to epoxy but unlike epoxy, it can be used on both indoor and outdoor concrete surface. It is a bit more costly because it is a fast-drying material, requiring only a day to install and cure completely.
Cincinnati Concrete Resurfacing Cost
Some concrete contractor and companies may be setting a certain rate per square foot but there really isn’t a fixed rate. Why? Because there are various influential factors that could affect overall cost. The size of the job, for example, is one primary factor. Others include the level of preparation and repairs needed, the type of material used, the application method, as well as any additional services homeowners may want to add, such as hand-staining, custom scoring, and the like.
Looking for a reliable concrete contractor that can enhance the Form and Function of Your Concrete Surfaces? Call (513) 429-7696 today!
We at Cincinnati Concrete Artisans know how frustrating it is to look at and walk on damaged or worn out concrete. We offer sound solutions that can resolve such issues at the most comfortable rate possible. We specialize in resurfacing and refinishing concrete patios, pool decks, driveways, commercial flooring, interior floors, garage flooring, and basement floors, and other concrete surfaces.
Looking for the best Cincinnati concrete contractors that may provide you the perfect interior flooring option you’re dreaming of? We’d love to help you out. Call us to request a free consultation which includes an assessment and quote, free of charge, for your Cincinnati concrete resurfacing needs!
Frequently Asked Questions
YES! Concrete resurfacing can last from 8 to 15 years. Thanks to its advanced composition and bonding properties.
The average cost to resurface a concrete patio is $4 per square foot. The overall price would depend on its total area and condition. However, concrete resurfacing is way cheaper than installing a new concrete patio, on which homeowners have to spend around $1,500 to $3,700.
A basic concrete overlay project costs between $3 and $7 per square foot. The price can go up to $20 per square foot or even more depending on additional design elements such as textures, embeds, saw cuts, etc.
YES, concrete resurfacer is tested and proven to incredibly work. It is a very strong product, which is rated and known for its compressive strength of about 4,500 psi. Hence, it is even stronger than the slab itself. If properly applied and installed, the resurfacing layers can be very durable and last for a long time.