In the past, the available repair options for concrete driveways were few and expensive. It was not uncommon for homeowners to live with damage until they can’t take it anymore. Some take out a loan just to be able to acquire a functional driveway and maintain the property’s value. This isn’t the case anymore. Decorative concrete has made the difficult easier and the expensive more budget-friendly.
Driveway Repair Solutions
Outdoor concrete surfaces are exposed to more damage than indoor floors. The driveway is often driven on, rained upon, exposed to UV rays, and more. The most common issues on concrete driveways are cracks, spalling, stains, uneven slabs, and even potholes. Regardless of what needs to be addressed, there is an appropriate solution for it.
- Resurfacing – Although a driveway looks awful, there is a huge possibility that only the top layer is damaged. The great thing about a concrete slab is that the surface can be replaced with a more durable material. This is what resurfacing is all about. The application of coatings and overlays to restore the driveway and give it better form and function.
- Refinishing – While resurfacing involves the replacement of the top layer, refinishing just adds or replaces the finish. This is a highly recommended solution for superficial damage like ugly stains and discolored concrete.
Top Concrete Driveway Applications
- A stamped concrete overlay is a cementitious material that is used to cover up driveway damage, giving it a new look and longer lifespan. The overlay is stamped with patterns to look like real brick, stone, pavers, or tile. In concrete stamped driveways, the look is made more realistic with concrete stains.
- A spray knockdown texture is an acrylic concrete coating that is sprayed on top of the driveway and then troweled a bit. This troweled concrete finish creates a texture that is stunning and slip-resistant. It also stays cool despite long hours of exposure to sunlight. You know your tires won’t melt even in the hottest of summers.
- As a refinishing method, concrete staining effectively covers up oil and grease stains and discolored concrete. It can be used alone on the driveway or as an additional enhancement on a coating or overlay.
Drive on a Concrete Driveway that Looks Good and Functions Well. Call (513) 429-7696 to Learn More.
Driving to and from your property should be a delightful experience. Cincinnati Concrete Artisans is the best concrete contractor providing concrete services you need. We want to make this dream come true for you. We offer various decorative concrete solutions to repair or update your concrete driveway. Our team of installers is highly trained in resurfacing, refinishing, and repairing concrete surfaces, both for residential and commercial locations in the Cincinnati, OH area. We also work on concrete patios, pool decks, interior floors, and more.
There is nothing to lose. For the perfect driveway installation, call us for a free, non-obligatory consultation and free estimate today!