Oh, the horrors! Old, tired, and weathered concrete patio faces all covered in stains, dust, and dirt cannot be concealed by chairs, furniture, flowering pots, or decorations. You might be wondering what has happened to the world. Well, fear not, my friend, because there’s still hope left. You can paint it, and it will look spanking new again.
Yes, painting is a quick, cheap, ingenious solution. But before you paint your concrete patio make sure you have all the necessary tools to be victorious.
- A garden house / power washer
- A broom for cleaning dust and dirt
- A masking tape / artist’s tape
- A large paintbrush
- Concrete paint of your desired color
Now that you’re ready for battle, here are the steps you need to do:
- Sweep all dust, dirt, and particles thoroughly off your patio face. Mask off any surface you don’t want to be touched.
- Now use the power washer to make sure it’s super clean, and no tiny particle is left on the surface.
- After it dries, you’re ready to rock and roll. Start by covering the entire surface. Coat as much as you can.
- This can take from a few hours to several days depending on how big your patio surface is, the weather condition, and what your tank of pure determination allows you.
- Clean up and reassemble furniture. Remove all the tape.
Now you have a happy, brand new looking concrete patio. But in case your instincts tell you that you wanna do more, there are lots of options out there for revamping your old patio.
In case you notice cracks and think that your concrete patio needs repair or just would like to go for a different path, you can try another ingenious solution called stamped concrete.
This strategy incorporates staining the concrete, applying an overlay, and then stamping the overlay to create virtually any design you have in mind.
Stamped concrete brings your concrete patio ideas to life without painting it, since professionals create the design you tell them.
With stunning artistry, these pros create a tough and durable concrete patio surface that not only lasts for years but wows everybody with its unmatched luxurious look and feel. It can even copy any type of material amazingly, like natural stones that cost so much more.
Now that you know your options, you can relax, think of the changes you can do, raise your paint brush, and celebrate the feel of victory.